Accessibility - Internet
Link to the Internet Access and Usage section, providing information about public internet access points, analysis on where people are most likely to use the internet, and useful links to other resources associated with this topic
Public Internet Access Points
Access the Google map of PIAPs (Public Internet Access Points) and internet training centres.
(Note: The map does not include public WiFi in cafes and pubs as per Europol's cybercrime centre advice).
Use of Internet
This section includes a customer insight analysis showing the most likely ways internet is used in the county, and an interactive report providing more detail around use of internet in Gloucestershire
- Report exploring the use of internet in Gloucestershire, including: Frequency of internet usage, types of devices used to access the internet, and activities carried out on the internet.
- The interactive report provides more detail around use of internet in Gloucestershire.
- Broadband speed map - Financial Times analysis of Ofcom data: Broadband speed by postcode.
- Mobile coverage and fixed broadband checker - Check predicted mobile coverage and fixed broadband speed and availability by postcode.
- Internet use in the UK: what are the facts? - Visual representations of Internet Usage in the UK, presented by ONS.
- Internet users: 2018 - Link to ONS Statistical Bulletin: Adults who have and have not used the internet in the last 3 months, including adults who have never used the internet.
- Social Media in the UK - Slideshow of useful statistics relating to social media use in the UK, provided by the Office for National Statistics, and Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
- Digital Exclusion Heatmap - National map of internet accessibility by local authority district.